If you’re human, you’re probably overwhelmed with all of the social media tools out there.
As I come across an article or concept in social media that I find particularly useful, I’ll share it with you here. I’m learning too. Just click on the category “Social Media Shorts” to see the collection.
Optimize Your Website
If you’re going to have a website, it might as well be find-able. When people find your website, it had better be user-friendly. When people use your website, it had better be easy for them to share the content easily with others. And if they’re sharing content on your website, it stands to reason that they’re probably interested in your company and wouldn’t mind interacting with your company on its other social platforms. So your website had better be integrated with your entire social presence. And that presence should be consistently branded and regularly maintained.
Here are some “Essential Tactics” to use when optimizing your website, per Deltina Hay:
- Add a blog or RSS feed to your website. Fill out your blog profile completely, use specific key terms throughout the blog and constantly tag the content appropriately
- Offer several ways for others to subscribe to your RSS feed or blog (for example, use the RSS Widget in WordPress.com)
- If your blog is external to your website, add a prominent link on it to your website and show the link on every page
- Add badges or widgets that link to your profiles and pages on social networking sites such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook
- Use widgets that let visitors share your website on social bookmarking sites, such as Delicious and StumbleUpon
- Feature your shared images, videos, and documents from media communities on your website using widgets or badges
- Use widgets or badges to highlight the other tools you utilize on the social web, like Eventbrite
- Add distributed social networking, Facebook “Like” buttons, and other personalization features to improve your visitor experience
- Start a podcast, videocast, or webcast and feed it from your website
- Add image galleries, video galleries, or slide shows using accounts like Flickr, YouTube, & SlideShare, respectively
- Start a social media newsroom